SwissRealCoin (SRC) is Switzerland’s first real estate crypto token according to SwissRealCoin’s website. SRC’s website can be found here. And if you want to see a short video that explains what they do, then click here.
After reviewing the key executives’ LinkedIn profiles, you will be relieved to hear that they all exist! Please note that the team below actually works for Crypto Real Estate AG which leading the SwissRealCoin ICO according to LinkedIn. FYI, “AG” is the Swiss equivalent of a US corporation.
Co-Founder &CEO, Head Real Estate
- With over 7 years of experience at Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL) in Zurich, one of the largest professional real estate services firm in the world, and 3 years of experience as a Real Estate Financing/Credit Officer at Credit Suisse, Brigitte appears to be well-poised to take the role of Head of Real Estate.
- It doesn’t appear that Brigitte has any experience as a C-suite executive but her role as Vice President at JLL likely prepared her to run a new organization like Crypto Real Estate AG.At JLL, Brigitte was responsible for a number of things which allows me to think that she will be able to focus in on this one project and make good progress.
- Brigitte has a solid understanding of finance and valuations, including single asset valuation, portfolio valuation, and company valuation).
- It does not appear that Brigitte has any significant experience in the IT world. This could be a major issue since SRC is a tech company after all.
Co-Founder &CTO, Head Blockchain and PropTech
- YauhenYakimovich has over 10 years of experience as a Software Developer, 3 years of running a website which he co-founded, and over a year as CTO at a real estate data analytics firm.
- Yauhen appears to have extensive experience in the tech world. He also seems to have an entrepreneurial streak which wil be a good combination to make up for Brigitte’s lack of IT knowledge.
- It seems that Yauhen does not have formal experience with blockchain technology based on a review of his LinkedIn page.
- The website that Yauhen created, ch is still live and appears to be functional. I checked out the Facebook page, and there has only been 1 post since 2014, the page looks neglected, and it has a whopping 22 likes. QRtag.ch appears to be a project that was never completed. If it were me, I don’t think I would include a half-finished project on my LinkedIn page.
- It looks like Yauhen has bounced around quite a bit throughout his career which is usually a red flag. While he may be the Co-Founder, he already has one business on his resume that he co-founded and does not appear to be involved with.
- With a bachelor’s in Economics and a master’s in Accounting & Finance, Luca likely has a good understanding of accounting and finance. While this is good experience for a COO to have, it is not critical. But definitely a plus.
- Luca seems very inexperienced. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in 2013, and a Master of Arts in 2016 right after receiving his bachelor’s degree. He has little over 4 total years of professional experience where he did not work as intern. This is a big concern because management and operations are usually best learned outside of the classroom.
- Luca lacks significant executive-level management experience which worries me. As the COO, he will face daily issues which will require high-level decisions to be made and made very quickly.
- Not only does Luca lack significant executive-level management experience, he also lacks significant IT experience and knowledge. This is another concern since, presumably, the operations of SRC will largely consist of IT-related issues.
CMO, Head PR, Communication & Marketing
- Coming off of more than 4 years as a Marketing Manager at Uber, Sarah appears to be prepared to take on the role of CMO and Head of PR, Communication & Marketing. She also has about 10 years of experience working in marketing, events and community management.
- Sarah received a Strategy & Leadership Certificate from Harvard Business School, arguably one of the top business schools in the world.
- Sarah received 3 stellar Recommendations on LinkedIn from previous co-workers at Uber. She seems to be a great member of the team, well-respected, and very good at what she does.
- Sarah does not have significant experience or knowledge of the blockchain which could be a minor issue, but nothing to worry about.
CLO, Head Legal
- Andrea is a partner at Nievergelt& Partner Advokatur und Notariat AG, a small local law firm with two attorneys (including Andrea) and two associates. He also has about 8 years of associate experience at various law firms.
- Andrea received a Master’s Degree in Law from Columbia Law School, one of the top law schools in the US.
- Andrea was the President of the Civic Community of Madulain for 11 years which demonstrates great leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Andrea seems to be very involved in the crypto community which will prove to be a valuable asset for SRC.
- Andrea is also involved with Propy Inc. as an Ambassador, Precis St. Moritz AG as a Founding Board Member, and Crypto Finance Conference AG as a Founding Board Member, Co-Initiator and VP. Significant involvement outside of SwissRealCoin could take Andrea’s focus away from SRC.
After doing all this research, my curiosity has grown. Look out for another post coming soon in which I’ll explain what I think about giving tokenholders voting power on the real estate investments. If you have an opinion, tell us in the comments below!!